1 Vithei Charles De Gualles, Khum Svay Daun Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia
+855 63 963 888
- +855 63 963 168
The Raffles Grand Hotel D'Angkor is gracious four storey building, a renovation of the original opened in 1931. This hotel is centrally located in the city and only short drive to the Angkor Temples and the local Psah Leu Market. The rooms are in an art deco country style with comfortable Cambodian furnishing. Formerly known as the Grand Hotel D'Angkor
Description of Raffles Grand D’Angkor hotel
Located in the heart of Siem Reap, Raffles Grand Hotel D’Angkor is only eight kilometres from the famed Angkor Wat, and eight kilometres from Siem Reap International Airport. It is within five minutes drive of the main market centre and other town attractions.
Siem Reap is a town located six kilometres south of the Angkor complex of temples. It is an area which has lodging closest to the dozens of temples that are scattered throughout the large expanse of jungle and fields to the north.
The renewed interest in Angkor and the increased accessibility to the sites have spurred considerable development in the town of Siem Reap. However, this has not diminished its charm as one of the centres of Khmer culture and tradition.
– State Rooms The State rooms are located in the new wing of the hotel and provide a comfortable balance of modernity and classical elegance. They are available with a choice of pool view or a view of the lush green expanse adjacent to the hotel.
Landmark rooms, located in the Main Building, are furnished with a luxurious blend of Cambodian and art-deco themes. Decorated with memorabilia and artefacts reminiscent of the Golden Age of Travel, the Angkorian ambience is completed with wooden floors, marble bathrooms and crafted four-poster beds. Rooms are available that look out onto the pool or onto the Royal Crusade for Independence Gardens – the hotel’s 60,000 square metres of lush, landscaped French gardens.
– Studio Junior Suites Studio Junior Suites were created for guests on longer stays and who prefer a more residential feel. They are currently fitted with ergonomically designed workstations, full pantry facilities and superior stereo systems. Studio Junior Suites are located in the new wing of the hotel, and both king-size bed and twin-bedded suites are available.
– Personality Junior Suites Four specially created Personality Junior Suites take their direction from people who have been closely associated with Angkor. Prized memorabilia and original artefacts, the results of extensive research, are some of the well-loved items in the Personality Suites. The suites are named after well-known luminaries such as Henri Mouhot, John Thomson, Louis Delaporte and Henri Marchal. The four suites are located in the centre of the Main Building and look out onto a pool that is modelled after Angkorian royal bathing ponds. The suites also come with an original claw-footed bathtub, a private balcony and are all fitted with a king-size bed.
– Cabana Suites
The newly renovated Cabana Suites measures 70-square meters each. The suites are decorated in French-Indochina style while retaining the hotel’s original character and charm by using local accents, such as custom-made Cambodian linens and silks, rich drapery and leather furnishings. The sense of luxury extends seamlessly to the bathrooms, with separate showers and claw-footed baths. Each suite also features wireless internet access and high-tech entertainment modules.
All Cabana Suites have generously-sized private terraces with day beds and chaise loungers and provide easy access to the Kingdom’s largest pool, which replicates the ancient bathing pools of the Khmer kings at Phimeanakas. From the terraces, residents can enjoy views of the hotel’s exotic gardens, lush with tropical trees and flowers
– Two-Bedroom Villa Suites The two Villa Suites have stylish resort decor and are ideal for residents who prefer more space and privacy. Villa Uma and Villa Kama are located in the hotel’s inner gardens and offer an uninterrupted view of the swimming pool. Each villa has one master bedroom with a king-size four-poster bed, one bedroom with two twin beds and a spacious living room and dining area. All three rooms are beautifully decorated with original Angkorian artefacts, antique furniture, Persian-style carpets and wooden floors. The two en suite bathrooms have an original claw-footed bathtub and separate shower unit; a third bathroom is available in the living area. Furnished in comfort and luxury, each villa has full pantry facilities and a private wine cellar.
Amenities & Services
• 24-hour on-call valet service
• Twice-daily housekeeping service
• Full air conditioning with individual thermostat control
• International direct dialling (IDD)
• Two-line telephone in the bedroom
• One-line telephone extension in the bathroom
• In-room safe
• Shaver outlet
• Colour TV with remote control
• Satellite channels
• In-house movie channels
• Minibar / refrigerator
• Laundry / dry-cleaning service
• Wake-up call service with tea or coffee delivery
• Wireless Internet connection
Facilities & Services – Raffles Amrita Spa Just as the lotus blossom unfolds with the gentle caress of the sun and rain, our bodies blossom with nature’s healing touch. At Raffles Amrita Spa, carefully selected treatments and therapies from around the world are heightened with traditional Khmer touches. Tune up your body in our Fitness Centre, perfect the art of Khmer dancing, arise with early morning meditation, or enjoy the graceful disciplines of yoga and t’ai chi in the outdoor Raffles Amrita Pavilion. After an exhilarating visit to the temples, tired muscles are tended to by the hands of our professional therapists or in our state-of-the-art hydrotherapy room.
– Business Centre/Library and Map Room Borrow temple guides or look at the old maps on the walls. Our Business Centre/Library contains a nostalgic display of Cambodian artefacts, as well as a modest library of books on the temples.
– 35-metre Lap Pool Inspired by the ancient royal bathing pools of Angkor, this elegantly designed pool is located in the inner gardens of the hotel and accessible only to guests of the hotel.
– Royal Crusade for Independence Gardens Take a stroll through our 60,000 square metres of landscaped gardens. Enjoy more than 20,540 different species of tropical plants and listen to the calls of exotic birds.
– Four Restaurants and Bars Four choices for dinner include the international buffet at Café d’Angkor, fine dining at Restaurant Le Grand, a delectable poolside barbecue at the Poolside Terrace or a Khmer style buffet and Cambodian cultural show at the Performance House restaurant.
– 24-hour Room Service The hotel offers 24-hour in-room dining should you wish to stay out for a late-night walk in the extensive hotel gardens. Please look at our Wine & Dine guide for your choice of delicacies.
– Airport Limousine Service
Arrive in style with our chauffeured BMW limousine service. Please make your reservations in advance.
– Concierge Service
Our helpful Concierge is available around the clock to organise temple tours and guides, provide flight reconfirmation services, shipping services and general information about the happenings in Siem Reap.
Restaurants & Bars – Restaurant Le Grand
Explore the exotic tastes of Royal Khmer cuisine at Restaurant Le Grand.
This ancient cuisine which has been handed down through the centuries by the Chefs of the Royal Palace, encompasses the blending of ingredients with intriguing textures, complex aromas and fresh exhilarating flavors, to create a distinctly elegant cuisine that can be enjoyed with our selection of more than 400 fine wines.
The new wine cellar showcases one of the finest wine selections in Asia and our guests can choose their favorite vintages or have a great opportunity to converse with our Sommelier to make a new discovery that will match their dining experience and expectations.
Open: Daily – 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm
The Restaurant Le Grand offers Royal Khmer Cuisine
The chefs have researched the old Khmer recipes, which were lost during the Pol Pot era and King Sihanouk by Royal decree gave the Restaurant Le Grand a collection of Royal Khmer traditional recipes.
Raffles Grand Hotel D’Angkor’s Signature Dish Khor Bangkong
Braised Fresh Water Lobster in Ginger and Caramel Sauce
Award of Excellence, Wine Spectator Award
The U.S. Wine Spectator magazine voted Raffles Grand Hotel D’Angkor’s wine list with a 2 glass rating from Chateau Baron Philippe de Rothschild, Petrus and most of the Grand Wine houses of France to the highly acclaimed New World wines. Restaurant Le Grand has not only got the only ‘in-walk-able’ wine cellar but also one of the finest collection of wines in South east Asia.
– Elephant Bar
A visit to Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor would be incomplete without having a signature cocktail at the famous Elephant Bar.
Open: Daily – 4:00 pm to midnight
– Signature Cocktail – Airavata A refreshing cocktail named after a renowned multi-headed elephant. Indra, the King of Gods, ruler of the world and of the universe lived in a palace of gold at the summit of Mount Menu in paradise. He rode a white elephant that often had three heads, known as Airavata. Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor relives the legend and the mystique surrounding the white elephant. A mysterious concoction, offered in a handmade elephant grand tasse, brings you back to the era of Intra and Airavata. This delicious cocktail includes: rum, coconut passion, lime juice, crème de banana and pineapple & coconut juice and is also served in its sister property Raffles Hotel Le Royal
– Café d’Angkor
This international restaurant with a Mediterranean atmosphere offers you the possibility of sampling Asian and continental dishes. You can choose from a sumptuous buffet selection or make your choice from the extensive à la carte menu. For the more intrepid, knapsack luncheons and picnic baskets are available from the café’s deli.
– Poolside Terrace The Poolside Terrace is well loved for dining under the stars as well as for its hearty snacks during the daytime. The menu features a delicious selection of RafflesAmrita Spa dishes for the more health conscious.
Open:Daily – 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
– The Conservatory The colonial atmosphere of The Conservatory will give you the feeling Somerset Maugham must have had, looking out over the pool and gardens whilst ordering a cocktail from the celebrity bar.
Spend a relaxing afternoon enjoying our traditional high tea. In the evening, this bar serves an extensive selection of cocktails and premium spirits in a live pianist atmosphere.
Open: Daily – 7:00 am to 11:00 pm
Raffles Meeting Whether it is an international Conference, a board meeting, Cutting-edge product launch or High-profile company summit, Raffles will take care of your needs.
Raffles Amrita Spa
Raffles Amrita Spas welcome savvy travelers in search of fitness, serenity and rejuvenation. The name is inspired by an ancient Sanskrit legend, where deities searched for “Amrita”, the elixir of youth.